So, The first (almost) week back at work has occurred and with a new one starting tomorrow I've been in the kitchen again readying my wares for my guinea pigs (sorry family members) with a glass of Brandy and adventurous taste-buds.
Today's tip is the delightful Pesto Rosso Serrano Puff.
I ready roll slab of Puff Pasty
1 Jar of Aldi Pesto Rosso
1 Portobello Mushroom
4 slices Serrano Ham
8 Slices of Choriizo
1. So first thing is first, pre-heat oven to 200c
2. Get a flat baking tray and place your unrolled puff pasty sheet on it. Don't worry about any hiccups or tears.
3. Take three spoonfuls of Pesto Rosso and spread like you would a tomato sauce or Passatta on any normal pizza as in essence this is just what we are going to make..just a bit posher. if you want more then of course do so.
4. Take your Chorizio slices and lightly cover the base. It all accords on your taste buds but rough pulled Chorizio of a higher calibre is also delicious. I have even substituted this for Cabanos before and the end result is equally as stellar.
5. Roughly pull your slices of ham apart and chuck (literally) all over the Pastry, do the same with your mushroom.
6. Sprinkle your cheese over and then slice or tear a few pieces of goats cheese or buffalo mozzarella.
7. Put it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown all over.
8. Remove from oven and tart it up with your rocket sprigs, we also drizzle Maple Syrup as it releases the flavour of the goats cheese and rocket.
9. Cut into smaller squares and then nosh nosh nosh until all gone.
This is a great and quick lunch type meal after coming back from a long walk as we did today. As your dog dries off and someone cracks open a bottle of home made wine you can snuggle up and get puff pastry everywhere.
Definitely a family favourite and once again open to adaptation. Simple produce you have in your cupboards anyway makes this a 20 minute meal at about £2.00 with ingredients you can use in other meals.